Fabricator / Welder
Are you an experienced Tradesman looking to secure employment in the engineering sector?
Our client is a growing Paihia-based engineering company that manufactures and repairs a wide range of components for the Northland community. They are looking for the right person to join their General Engineering and Jobbing Workshops.
About the role:
Due to continual growth an opportunity has arisen for someone to join their workshop team as a Fabricator / Welder. You will be using your skills and qualifications on mainly new designs, building infrastructure and commercial projects. The work is mainly workshop based however on-site work will be required for some installations from time to time.
- Have a good sense of humor and friendly manner
- Quick thinker and excellent work ethic
- Be trustworthy, tidy and reliable
- Must be customer focused
- You must be very safety conscious and innovative
Skills and experience required:
- Experienced in two or more of the following – MIG welding or TIG welding of mild steel, alloy and stainless steel
- Should currently be working in Engineering
- Current NZ Drivers’ Licence
- Full-time employment with hours from 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday
- Working within a great, friendly workshop team in a clean and tidy environment
- Attractive remuneration package depending on skill level, with some overtime available
- Current welding qualification
- First aid training
- Forklift training
- Opportunity to work in the beautiful Bay of Islands for a company with a very low staff turnover
- Interesting and varied work
If this sounds like the opportunity you're looking for, we want to hear from you! Apply now with your CV and Cover Letter or call Paula on (09) 430-3777.
Applicants for this position must have NZ residency or a valid NZ work visa and be able to pass a drug- and alcohol test.